Hey Everyone,
I'm really trying to get back in the habit of blogging. I've decided that I need to just stick to some "simple" posts and just have some fun with it. Here's an update on our 4th of July weekend:
We went to Delta on Saturday for their 4th of July parade. Okay, it's no secret that I jumped up and down for joy when Brit's parents moved from Delta to Levan. I hate the drive from Nephi to Delta and honestly the drive to Levan is smooth sailing. But, I do have to admit, it was nice to go back to Delta for their 4th of July celebration (on the 3rd this year).
The Delta parade is an ensemble of tractors, horses, wagons and cars... very few floats, but what they lack in floats they make up with in CANDY. I've honestly never seen so much candy being chucked out of vehicles. It made trick-or-treating on Halloween look like child's play. Seriously, the kids got a huge bag of candy. Brooklyn was aggressive as ever trying to get her candy and Carson was pretty good about grabbing anything I pointed at. All in all they did really well getting enough sweets to rot their teeth. :) Here are some pics from the parade:
After the parade we went to the park in Delta to meet up with some of Brit's friends. Then we went to Levan and did a BBQ with Mom & Dad Lowe. It was a lot of fun. They have some chickens on their property and Carson had a BLAST running after them. I also got to take Dooder on a tractor ride, which was a hoot. Brooklyn relaxed most of the time because she got really hot playing at the park and she looked really flushed.
We then drove back up north and watched the Stadium of Fire fireworks from a grassy spot by the Marriott Center with Mom & Dad Lowe. The fireworks were great. By the end of the day our two kids were about to pass out, but I think they had a lot of fun.
On Sunday I decided it would be fun to do a little "Toy Story" (Toy Story 3 is a great family film by the way) moment with the kids and get out some of my old toys for them. We went over to my parents house Sunday night and dug out all of my old Micromachine toys. They've been playing with them non-stop all day today. It's been fun to watch my kids get some joy out of things that I used to play with. Also, it was kind of fun to see my OCD in action from when I was a kid. When I dug them out of storage they were all still organized, still really clean and in great shape. I definitely took good care of my toys. My kids have been treating them great so far, we'll see how it goes.
All in all, we had a lot of fun for the 4th of July weekend. It's back to work tomorrow, but I don't mind. I've got plenty there to keep me busy and I'm excited for this week. The 4th of July week is typically the busiest week of the year for 1-800 CONTACTS, and in this economy, busy is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment