Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Our Kids Stand Out

Our kids always seem to get a lot of attention, sometimes because they're cute but other times for "other" reasons.  Take today for example, my sister-in-law got married today and we spent most of the day at the wedding ceremony and the reception.  Both of the kids looked great!  Brooklyn was a flower girl in a beautiful white dress with a blue sash and Carson was, well, Carson, but he looked cute in a white shirt with a blue tie.  He and I were twins (see picture).

In case you can't tell, Carson is the skinny good looking guy with the mini mohawk.

During family pictures Carson screamed and cried the entire time, mostly because I think it was nap time but also sometimes he just gets in his "moods", and I honestly couldn't believe it.  He's always been kind of shy, but seriously... one scream fest after another, but we survived.

During the actual wedding ceremony though my kids shined!  Brooklyn was great as a flower girl.  She tossed her flower petals in the air with a look of joy and determination, she never does anything without wanting it to be perfect.  Carson meanwhile just hung out with me eating his fishy crackers.  Everything was going great until it started to rain...

Every time a rain drop hit Carson he'd yell "oww!" or "ouch" and kept getting upset.  I had to laugh at his anguish but at the same time I had to wonder too if people thought I was over there pinching the kid or something.  Grandpa Mo even tried to wrap his suit coat around Carson to help keep the rain off of him and was met by an ornery two year old yelling "OUCH!"  Good times.  Brooklyn on the other hand had taken her flower basket and had it propped upside down on the top of her head, yeah she was standing right night to the bride and groom in front of everyone.  I guess Britney told her to, what can I say, the women in my life are definitely resourceful.  It was hilarious to watch!  My beautiful flower girl with a flower basket on her head and my two year old spaz of a son yelling ouch each time a rain drop hit him.  I told a few people afterwards that we'd rent our kids out if anyone needed some good entertainment at a party.

I love it.  Seriously, they're cute, energetic and always trying to make us laugh.  They definitely stand out in a crowd, each one of them for their own unique reasons.  I have to admit, I'm proud of them.   They sure know how to grab attention. 

1 comment:

Strawberry Shortcake said...

Hey Cousin, I just read your blog. You are the cutest dad, seriously. Look at you waxing prophetic! And your two are so adorable. We need to hang out soon. I would rent your kids so they can entertain my crazy kids :)