Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Amazing Benefits of Complaining

So, I sat down this morning and read the blog entry I posted last night.  Yeah, I'm sorry about that.  Seriously, could it have been any more whiny?  My goal was to say how sometimes a simple thing like taking the kids to McDonald's can be therapeutic, which it is, but yeah, it really didn't come across that way.

I laughed as i read it this morning and decided to offer myself some cheese to go with my whine.  After reading it I thought about making a list about the benefits of complaining, so here it is...
  1. There are none.
Seriously, I couldn't come up with a single one.  All complaining does is compound the issues in my mind and allow myself to throw a personal pity party which doesn't gain me or my family anything.  Instead of complaining though, I think I'm going to invest in a punching bag (don't tell Britney) and tape my "woes" to it and wail away on it.  Now that sounds therapeutic to me!  

So, I hereby declare that I will never complain again.  (Okay, I'm a realist and I know that's not going to happen, but it's a good goal to set!)

And isn't setting goals a better use of my time than complaining?  I definitely think so.

No comments: