Sunday, October 31, 2010

An Update on our Family

Brooklyn's doing a good job of cheering me up at the moment, she's sitting on the "potty" peeing while singing the Star Spangled Banner.  I'm a little choked up by her patriotism.  Ahhh, seriously is there nothing that kids won't do?  She's actually pretty good at it.  I'm not sure if the toilet is amplifying her sound, but seriously, this may be the best she's ever sounded.

Our family's doing fairly well considering all of the stress we've been under lately.  Things with my dad have been stressful, but he's getting better.  I know my stress level is nothing compared to my mom's but it's hard from my vantage not to be extremely worried about both of my parents.  My mom is trying to balance my dad's situation, with work, with dealing with other family issues that are beyond my control, it all just makes me feel a little helpless.  I've tried to help out when I can, but it's hard to watch her go through so much.

My dad is making some good progress.  He's been moved out of a hospital into a nice care facility in Orem and is going through a lot of rehab.  They're thinking he'll be home around Thanksgiving time, which I know would make him really excited.  He's kept an upbeat attitude throughout this ordeal which has been impressive to me.  I've tried to visit him a lot and honestly it's been a great building block in our relationship.  We're closer now than we have been in a while, which I'm really happy about.

Brooklyn Witch and Carson "Baby" Dinosaur
The kids went out Trick-or-Treating last night in their cute costumes, but because of the weather it was kind of limited.  For most of the night I drove the Jeep around with Carson while Britney and Brooklyn went door to door.  Brooklyn sure got a nice sack of candy though.  What can I say, she's a little sweet talker.

Now that Halloween's over I guess it's officially Christmas time (shopping wise at least).  It seems like Christmas shopping starts earlier and earlier every year.  We've already gotten quite a bit of it done which is awesome, we always try to get it done early.

Well, I hope all of you are doing great!  I've really appreciated everyone's thoughts and prayers regarding my dad.  They have helped a lot!  Keep them coming, both my mom and dad need them.

Happy Halloween!

No comments: