

Since then another Quail family has joined our Quail clan so we have 2 families, 1 with 4 chicks and our original family now with only 5 chicks. It's sad to realize how many of them have died (most likely from cats) but I guess that's to be expected. It's still been a lot of fun to watch them grow.
Oh, and they still occupy the wood pile so I'm still stuck and have no idea when I'll be able to get rid of it.

4th of July
Our 4th of July was pretty simple. We wanted to spend it together as a family and do things that I remember doing when I was a kid, so we got up early and took Brooklyn and Carson to the hot air balloon festival in Provo. They LOVED it! Brooklyn was scared of the loud hot air blowers (notice that her ears are plugged in every picture...) but for the most part she had a good time. We did a McDonald's for breakfast picnic in the park and watch the balloons, it's a fun way to spend the morning on the 4th.
After that we did a Quarnberg Family water park in our backyard with the kids. It was hilarious watching Brooklyn try to do the slip and slide. Below's a short video of Brooklyn's slip and slide techniques.
Farm Country
We took the kids to Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point last weekend. It was pretty fun. Here are some pics with some Brendon-ized captions under each one.
Ewwwwww cow snot!
Ahhh cute, mommy Dooder date!
I wonder how hard it would be to install 1 of these in our house????
A cute rodeo princess!
Ooooo, what a cute water bucket! (The kid is pretty cute too I guess).
Goodbye Saturn
Well, tonight marks the end of an era. Our Saturn is gone. :(
This car has been part of every step of mine and Britney's relationship so it's hard to part ways with it. (I know it's just a car, but come on people, memories are worth something!!!). We spent 3 hours talking in it after our 1st date. We drove this car to Disneyland right before we got pregnant with Brooklyn. It's the car we took Brooklyn home from the hospital in, and it's the car that got me to and from the U of U while I got my degree. It's also the car that saw Britney through school at Snow College, carried her around Cedar City when she lived there and brought her to 1-800 CONTACTS where we met. It killed her to sale it.
It's been a great car, and a great blessing! We really didn't want to take on a car payment, but driving everyday from Springville to Draper was starting to wear it out so we figured it was time to get something newer. We got a great deal on a brand new Hyundai Elantra and it was too good of a deal to pass up. So now we have a brand new car, with a brand new car payment, and a big void in the memory department. That's how life works though, things move on, people move on and new memories are made. So here's to the Saturn, thank you for the memories! And here's to our Elantra, please help us make some good ones in the future!

1 comment:
It looks like you had a wonderful 4th! I didn't know about the balloons. I want to go! You guys always look like you are having so much fun :) Congratulations on the quail saving and selling the car. Isn't it sad to see it go? I still miss my Saturn. It was a good one. I miss manual transmission! Ah, the memories :)
Post a Comment