Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Do You Still Have That Big Smile?

Tonight was a fun one!  With Ghost Hunters recording on one TV and American Idol recording on another (for Britney) my ability to watch sports all night long was impaired, so I did something better... I got creative with the kids!  Here are the results of my efforts...

Brooklyn Ghost Stories


It's amazing what having a flash light out can lead too, tonight it lead to the first ever installment of Brooklyn's Ghost Stories!

Story 1:  "The Mean Ghosts" as told by Brooklyn Marie Quarnberg

There was a whole land of mean, SCARY ghosts & the ghosts loved to eat PEOPLE!  Yummy, yummy, yummy.... ewwwwwwww SCARY!  The ghost taught his friends that he likes to eat you too.... ewwwwwwwwwwww, was that scary daddy?

Story 2:  "The Happy Land Full of Happy Ghosts" as told by Brooklyn Marie Quarnberg

Once upon a time there was a happy land full of happy ghosts, and the ghosts thought you can't eat food all by yourself, and the ghosts all went ewwwwwwwwww.  Was that scary daddy?



Q&A With Brooklyn  

You've got to love a little Q&A with a 3 year old!  Here are some of tonight's highlights:

Brooklyn:  "baack, ba, bagar, ba, baack, begaak"
Me (Completely perplexed):  "What does that mean Brooklyn?"
Brooklyn:  "That's thank you in Spanish daddy."

Brooklyn:  "I'm popped daddy!"
Me:  "You're popped?  What does that mean?"
Brooklyn:  "I'm just so really frustrated right now daddy."
Me:  "Okay, why are you frustrated?"
Brooklyn:  "Well, I'm just so mad at my blankie, it stept on my last mornin and I'm still so very mad at it."

Translations of Carson

Ahhh, good old #2



Carson:  "Mamamama, mmmmmmmmmm"
Body Language:  Slightly reddened in the face, a little bit of a cold sweat, teetering back and forth.
Translation:  "I wonder if that Chicken Noodle dinner will smell better coming out than it did coming in?"

Carson:  "MMMMMMMMMM"
Body Language:  Eyes bulging, face as red as a fire trunk, lips pressed tight, veins popping.
Translation:  "I hope you're warming up the oven daddy because I'm about to bake me some brownies!"

Carson:  ".........."
Body Language:  Total blank on his face, eyes still a little moist, leaning on one side a bit because of the uneveness in his diaper.
Translation:  "I hope you own a pair of rubber gloves daddy because I just made a freaking mess!"



Goodnight Brooklyn

As I was tucking Brooklyn in to bed she looked at me and said:  "Daddy, why don't you have a big smile on your face?".  I smiled in response and told her that I just put one on just for her.  Laughing she said:  "Daddy you should always keep that big smile, don't lose it."  I left her room, but came back a few minutes later to put something away.  When I walked in I heard a sweet voice say "Daddy, do you still have that big smile?"  I laughed and said "Brooklyn, with you here, it would be hard not to."  

1 comment:

Strawberry Shortcake said...

What sweet and special moments. You are a fabulous dad :)