Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Has Come and Gone

Brooklyn's Stuff from Santa


Brooklyn Playing with her Stuff from Santa

Carson's Stuff from Santa

Carson Opening Presents

Carson's B-Ball Hoop


Christmas Morning

I seriously love Christmas! Ever since I was a little kid I remember always feeling gloomy after Christmas was over. My parents always tried to make Christmas memorable for us, and I have so many great memories of Christmas as a kid, it's honestly hard to look back on them and not fee a little sad that they've all come and gone... But making memories is what life is about right? Well, hopefully we've helped start a tradition of happy memories for our kids!

Santa sure came through this year for Brooklyn and Carson. Brooklyn did get what she asked for! She got her "My Little Pony Sweet Sundae Amusement Park with 1 Ferris Wheel", and in addition to that she got a Pixie Hollow Playset with Tinkerbell and all of her friends. She was so excited! Carson got a basketball hoop, a ball popper (that he's completely scared of) and a truck. It was hilarious to watch Brooklyn come into the living room to see what Santa brought. She saw her stuff, but instead went right to Carson's basketball hoop and started playing with it. She had Britney and I in stitches all morning! Carson's also doing a lot better with sitting up because almost all of his toys are geared towards motivating him to sit up, so he's finally MOTIVATED to try!

We all got some nice gifts, but most of all just had fun seeing each other's reactions and enjoying one another on Christmas Morning.

We spent Christmas eve with Brit's family, they're always a blast to hang out with. My parents and Amy came over in the afternoon on Christmas day, and we spent most of the day with them. It was honestly a lot of fun and just a good way to spend a day. (We missed you Alisha and Jesse...). All in all we had a wonderful Christmas. It was honestly one of my favorites ever!

I always hate to see this time of year pass because the holidays really give me a lot to look forward too! I am excited though to see where 2009 will bring us! 2008 was a big year for our family (Carson's birth being the biggest event!) and we're excited to see 2009 unfold.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and we wish all of you a very happy New Year!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I to always loved Christmas as a kid and remember all the Christmas eves I didn't sleep all night with anticipation for the Big man himself. now I can't sleep, because I get so excited for my kids. I hope 2009 will be the best ever.

Cutey (QT) said...

I love these blogs. Yours is great. It is so fun to share all of the pics. Its so nice to have such a wonderful family.