Saturday, October 11, 2008

Our Trip to Las Vegas!

In September we decided to finally take a trip together as a family! We hadn't been on a "real trip" since Britney and I went to Disneyland before we had Brooklyn, so we were definitely overdue, but nervous. We have planned other trips, but each time we actually decided to book a hotel and go somewhere kids got sick or something else happened that made us need to postpone, so we thought the same thing would happen with this trip, but we got lucky! Everything went great! We traveled to Vegas with Britney's parents and shared a hotel room with them at the Cancun Resort just south of the strip. It was the NICEST hotel I've stayed at in Vegas! The pool was AMAZING and the rooms were huge, with plenty of space for our family of 4 and Dennis and Cindy. Brooklyn liked to swim, but wouldn't go much further into the pool than on the steps leading into the water, she was funny about it. Dennis and I spent a lot of our time going down the 2 water slides at the pool, we both were trying to see how fast we could get going. I got going so fast one time that I hit a turn, flipped from my back all the way over on to my stomach. That wasn't exactly what I had hoped for, but it was a lot of fun.


Whle in Vegas, Brit and I decided to see Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian, while Dennis and Cindy were nice enough to watch the kids for us. It was a fantastic production! Brit and I had seen Phantom already at the Capital Theater a few years ago, but it was nothing compared to this production! If you ever get a chance, go to Vegas and see Phantom! The theater IS the Opera House, so you really feel like you're part of the production! The special effects were out of this world and the entire production was seriously unlike anything we had seen before. We loved every minute of it!
We spent our last day in Vegas going up and down the strip with the kids. Brooklyn wanted to go into the "Princess Castle" (aka Excalibur) so we took a quick trip inside and then came back out. Casinos really aren't too "3 year old" friendly. We also took the kids to the Coca Cola store where she fell in love with the Coke Bear (see slide show below), and to the M&M store. Our last stop on the strip was the Bellagio where we told Brooklyn she could visit "Breezy Blossoms" (a place from the My Little Pony cartoons). Our version of Breezy Blossoms was the Bellagio gardens, but she loved it! She didn't like the Bellagio fountains though, the loud water noises scared her. Carson was great the entire time, just chilling in his stroller.
It was a fun trip, but went by too fast. Check out the slide show below to see all of the pics we took on our trip!

1 comment:

Strawberry Shortcake said...

It looks like you had a great time. I didn't know Phantom was in Las Vegas?!?! I am so out of touch. I am so happy you have made a blog. I was waiting! Thanks for sharing :)

Love you guys!