Monday, June 15, 2009

Seat Pirates, Power's Out, Fort Battles and More... Oh My!

We've been having a lot of fun lately! This last weekend we went to the Art City Days parade here in Springville. We weren't going to go because of the weather but it cleared up just long enough for us to get the parade in with Ashlee, Adam and Brooklyn and Carson's super cute cousin! We had a lot of fun after we got past the seat pirates...

Brooklyn came over to the parade area with me early to save seats. I made sure that she went to the restroom before she came with because I told her that once we left our seats we may lose them. Of course, with about 20 minutes to go we had to walk back home and go to the bathroom. On our way back I told her that we had to hurry before the "Seat Pirates" stole our seats. Yeah, I'm not the brightest star in the galaxy. After that Brooklyn started yelling "get away seat pirates" and swung her fist at any one who walked by. Just imagine the chagrine on my face when I had to explain to a few people that she didn't mean anything by it, all the while she was calling them seat pirates and telling them to get their own seats... humpf! I finally told her that "daddy was just kidding" and that there was no such thing as seat pirates. As soon as the parade started she forgot all about seat pirates and started focusing solely on the candy that was being thrown out of the floats. Here are some pics of our parade adventure:





After we got home the storms moved in with lots of rain and lots of wind! We had some huge gusts come through and one of them knocked the power out for close to an hour. Of course the power went out while I was taking a shower in our downstairs basement. There's nothing like washing your hair in the dark to put a smile on your face!

Then tonight Brooklyn, Carson and I built a fort! It was a ton of fun, here's some video of our fort:

Everything was going great for about 5 minutes. :) Carson kept knocking down the back wall, which got Brooklyn all mad. She kept trying to push him out of the fort, so I had to get in the middle of it and "keep the peace." Finally I just tore the wall down which opened the fort up into a tunnel. This is when I realized that I still have a lot to learn about this parenting thing. When I took the wall down both kids went zooming back and forth through the tunnel without any arguments. They had a blast...
Well that's our update for now. I hope everyones' week is off to a great start!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know, I've seen "Seat Pirates" before. Kids are great. We were at the parade to and it was the nicest weather we had all day. We need to all get together before megan goes home.