I got the idea from someone else's blog to do a mommy daughter date, so I decided to take Brooklyn a couple weeks ago on a Friday, and leave daddy and Carson home to watch Basketball. We left around lunch-time and went to McDonalds in Provo because Brooklyn wanted to eat at the McDonalds "with the waterfall" inside.
We then drove to Sandy to the Living Planet Aquarium. Brooklyn was so excited and jabbered the whole way. The first exhibit was the Utah Fish exhibit, which was just a bunch of different kinds of trout ... very boring, so we left that one after only a couple minutes and went to the Ocean animals exhibit. It was a lot better, Brooklyn was so excited to see some sharks, an octopus, eels, Nemo, Dori, jelly fish, turtles, etc. In that exhibit they have a little play area for kids, and places to take cute pictures, Brooklyn had so much fun crawling around in a "sea-cave" and going inside the sunken ship. They also had a room with Sting-rays you could watch swim and you could stick your arm in and touch them as they swam by, but Brooklyn's arm was too short. They also had a counter with different kinds of sea-creatures you could look at and touch, like Sea cucumbers, shrimp and star fish. Brooklyn didn't really like the touching part, but she had a blast looking at them. I did get her to touch a star fish, but her finger was only in there for about a nano-second. After that exhibit I took Brooklyn to the little cafe they have there and got her a chocolate chip cookie (that's where we were for the little video clip below)
After our snack we went to the South America exhibit. Brooklyn was so excited to see the Alligators (they were actually Cayman Crocodiles) and Piranha. While we were walking through the South America Exhibit, she turned to me and said "Mommy, we are on a Safari, huh!" After that we watched a documentary about a big aquarium in Georgia. I thought it would have been boring for Brooklyn so I kept asking her if she wanted to leave, but she loved it. After the show, we went to the gift shop and got her a souvenir, then headed home to Daddy and Carson. I think we're going to have to make mommy-daughter dates a regular thing, because Brooklyn is still talking about it (and Mommy had a blast too!)
2 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! She is such a doll, you guys :) What a great time.
That looks like lots of fun! :) I remember the Living Planet Aquarium, they had some of the corals and things at my High School...it was supposed to end up being a huge facility. Is it worth visiting without kids or is it more just for kids?
Post a Comment