Friday, January 9, 2009

Las Vegas / Dooder Jekyll & Dooder Hyde / Growling at a Finger

Las Vegas
This week has been a busy one for our family! It started with a trip to Las Vegas to see Britney's Brother Nate get married to his fiancé Courtney. It was a neat experience for all of us and we're really happy for Nate and Courtney. They're great together!

After their wedding we took pictures at the Bellagio which was still decorated for Christmas. They had it looking amazing! We never got around to sending Christmas cards this year, but the pictures below are pretty much what we would have liked to have sent, so consider the pics belated Christmas cards! (LOL)

Brit's entire immediate family went and we had a great time. We shared a hotel room with Britney's sister Ashlee, her husband Adam and their son Ayden. Ash, Adam, Brit and I all got Nintendo DS's for Christmas so at night we turned our hotel room into a Mario Kart tournament. It was a blast!

We stayed in Vegas from Sunday - Tuesday and drove home to find almost a foot of snow waiting for us. It took me forever to shovel our driveways and walks, and honestly, it kind of motivated me to start looking for work in St. George.

Dooder Jekyll & Dooder Hyde

Our Vegas trip did have one minor problem... I'll just call it Dooder Jekyll and Dooder Hyde. Brit and I have always been amazed by how easy going Carson is. Brooklyn's always been a little more "high maintenance" so we've really enjoyed how laid back Carson can be... well we got a glimpse of something else while we were in Vegas.

Carson apparently doesn't do well with sleeping on road trips. We think he had separation anxiety because if we laid him down in his play pen he'd start crying immediately! And it wasn't just any regular cry, it was an all out "I'm going to blow the roof off" angry cry, which is something he NEVER does at home! If we'd pick him up he'd be fine. If we laid him by us on the bed, he'd be fine. So we ended up sleeping in one bed as a family of four. I've drawn a little picture of the sleeping arrangements, check it out: (Please keep in mind that I'm not Amy, I can't draw, and I once passed an Art Class simply because I volunteered to stay after class and help clean everything up. I definitely didn't pass it on my artistic merits.)

We honestly felt bad for Ash and Adam because they were sleeping in a room right next to us and he was loud! But what can you do? We tried everything we could, but sleep was defiitely hard to come by. Apparently he does his angry transformation more than I originally thought too. Check out the pics below, we took 2 pics, one right after another and caught a Dooder Hyde shot in the 2nd pic. SCARY STUFF!



So far though since we've been back at home he's been back to his mild mannered happy little self. We may never go on a vacation again.

Growling at a Finger

There are moments in parenthood where you can't help but to laugh at what your kids do! Britney had one of those this week. Carson had his 9 month checkup appointment on Thursday and had to get his finger pricked for some tests. I guess he acted pretty angry at the nurse when she wouldn’t let his finger go after pricking it and he carried that anger into the Jeep with him. On the way home he kept holding up his finger with the little bandaid on it, and GROWLED at it. I laughed so hard when I heard that. You've got to love the silly things your kids do.

Well, it's been a long, busy and eventful week! We've had a lot of fun, and have had some legitimate adventures in parenting as well. Good times! I hope everyone else had a great week as well!

2 comments:

Cutey (QT) said...

I loved your Dooder pics. Now you know what I went through with you guys. Sounds like you had a great time. I am happy that you all made it home safe and sound.

Strawberry Shortcake said...

Don't you love when your kids shock the heck out of you? I am glad you had a safe, fun time... minus some sleep. My kids are usually pretty good on vacations... except for this last one. People were staring at my as though I were beating my child. If they hadn't been there, I probably would have ;)