Friday, November 28, 2008

Things to be Thankful For

I had to laugh today at Brooklyn. We were putting up our Christmas decorations and she was running around the house in sheer bliss because she knew that this meant that it was getting close to when Santa comes. I'm envious a lot by her unabashed enthusiasm for the simple things in life. Her example really helps me be thankful for the little / not so little things.

For starters I'm soooo thankful for my family! There are times when I think life would be so much easier without kids, bills and all of the other things that make being an adult so stressful, but then I have days like today which help me to realize just how "worth it" everything is. I have a wonderful wife who deals with my ups and downs and loves me unconditionally. I have 2 healthy, and happy children who add so much meaning to everything I do. I have a decent job that continually puts food on the table, and I have a sincere desire to continue to improve myself personally. These are all things that I can take for granted, but are really the things I'm most thankful for in life.

Sure, I'll never be a kid again, and will never feel the unabashed joy that comes from the simplicity of childhood happiness, but it's great to see this happiness in action and learn from Brooklyn what true happiness is.

I love this time of year! Thanksgiving, Christmas, but most importantly, family. It's a wonderful thing!

1 comment:

Mark said...

I think that we can feel like kids again through our kids...hopefully they don't grow up to be as mischevious as we were...I think Utah plays bama in the sugar bowl...GO UTES!